21 May Nextant Aerospace Launches Large Cabin 604XT Program Featuring New Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion® Integrated Avionics for Bombardier Challenger 604 Aircraft
- Only turn-key integrated avionics upgrade for the Challenger 604 aircraft that complies with airspace modernization deadlines and updates display technology
- Nextant Aerospace chosen by Rockwell Collins to lead the certification and design for the upgrade program
- Airframe OEM, Bombardier, to Support and Install New Cockpit Solution
CLEVELAND, OHIO, MAY 21, 2017- Nextant Aerospace, the world’s pre-eminent business aircraft remanufacturing company and builders of the 400XTi and G90XT, announced the launch of a new cockpit avionics program in conjunction with Rockwell Collins that will bring Pro Line Fusion® to the Bombardier Challenger 604 aircraft platform. The Pro Line Fusion upgrade is expected to be certified by fall of 2018 and available through Nextant Aerospace.
“We have been evaluating opportunities in the large cabin market for the past 3 years,” stated Jay Heublein, Executive Vice President for Nextant Aerospace. “The Challenger 604 aircraft is a proven operating platform with an exceptional cabin that meets all our selection criteria for a remanufacturing program. The legacy cockpit is in need of modernization and combined with the pending 2020 regulatory requirements, this aircraft an ideal choice for this program and the timing is perfect.”
“The Challenger 604 is a highly-valued, long-haul aircraft that owners want to continue flying well into the future,” said Craig Olson, Vice President and General Manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. “This becomes the third aircraft platform to have the Pro Line Fusion aftermarket upgrade option, continuing our ongoing effort to provide owners with a means to keep their aircraft relevant with modern technology, enhanced situational awareness and mandate compliance.”
The new integrated avionics upgrade will feature the following advantages:
- Three large format displays, touch-interactive maps with eyes-forward flight planning, high-resolution topography, real-time onboard weather radar overlays, obstacles, and special-use airspace and search patterns for expanded situational awareness and reduced workload
- A fully loaded package of baseline equipment for operation in modernizing global airspace—ADS-B mandate compliance, SBAS-capable GNSS, localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approaches, radius-to-fix (RF) legs and more
- Optional FANS and Link 2000 EASA mandate compliance
- Market-leading, high-resolution synthetic vision as a standard feature, including Rockwell Collins’ patented airport dome, and extended runway centerlines with mile markers to better orient the pilot from top of descent through final approach
- Geo-referenced electronic navigation charts that display own-ship aircraft position for enhanced situational awareness during approaches and on taxi
- Easy and fast database updates using a standard USB drive port on the front of the displays, or the optional Aircraft Information Manager (AIM) wireless data loading service
“We are excited to bring this program to market in collaboration with Rockwell Collins,” stated Mr. Heublein. “We have partnered with Rockwell Collins to offer an incentive program around the launch at EBACE, which will feature an introductory price point of $599,950 for the standard system.”
Rockwell Collins and Nextant Aerospace representatives will offer the ability for customers to explore the Pro Line Fusion technology demonstrator on a first-hand basis at booth Q113 in the main exhibition hall at EBACE.
Further enhancements to the 604XT are being planned that will provide a detailed focus on the cabin design and experience (including advanced connectivity solutions).
Nextant Aerospace Static Display Location: SD18
A Press Conference will be held at Sally Q Sunday May 21st 12:00-12:45pm
About Nextant Aerospace
Nextant’s pioneering process for remanufacturing business jets is now recognized as an established technical and commercial success worldwide with significant sales in every major operator category and class-leading levels of comfort, performance and reliability – all at a purchase price half that of comparable aircraft. The revolutionary 400XTi light jet features Williams FJ44-3AP engines and the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21™ integrated flight deck. The same winning combination will soon be available in the Nextant G90XT turboprop powered by next-generation GE H75-100 engines and introducing an enhanced Garmin G1000 integrated flight deck.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a leader in aviation and high-integrity solutions for commercial and military customers around the world. Every day we help pilots safely and reliably navigate to the far corners of the earth; keep warfighters aware and informed in battle; deliver millions of messages for airlines and airports; and help passengers stay connected and comfortable throughout their journey. As experts in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, cabin interiors, information management, mission communications, and simulation and training, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of products and services that can transform our customers’ futures. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @RockwellCollins